About The Riedel & Cody Fund
What is The Riedel & Cody Fund?
The Riedel & Cody Fund is a community of caregivers who provide support for people whose beloved pets are suffering with cancer.The Fund was created in memory of Riedel, a Bernese Mountain Dog, and Cody, a Rottweiler, who waged their own heroic battles against cancer.
(CLICK HERE to read Riedel’s or Cody’s Story)
What does the Riedel & Cody Fund do?
We provide support, resources and treatment funding for people whose pets have cancer.
Who are our members?
- People whose pets have cancer
- People who wish to learn more about cancer in pets
- People who are passionate about the important role their companion animals play in their lives
- Veterinarians and other medical specialists who treat cancer in animals
- People who simply want to help
The Riedel & Cody Fund helps our members —
- Important next steps to provide care for their pets
- Answers to questions they may have beyond diagnoses and details from their veterinarians
- In-depth information from trusted experts about pet cancer in an easy to read, non-technical style, including the topics of prevention, nutrition and healing
- About treatment options and new cancer therapies for their pets
- Other in-depth information about the types of cancer afflicting their pets
- From participation in online seminars with cancer experts
- From videos that help them make the critical decisions that lie ahead
- With others whose pets have cancer
- In online discussion forums with other pet parents on similar issues
- Board-certified oncologists, surgeons, and radiologists as well as other qualified providers of holistic and complementary therapies within driving distance
- Clinical trials that might help your pet
- To apply for financial aid from The Riedel & Cody Fund, based upon financial need
- To request the help of a mentor for support and advice
What do we ask of you?
That you become a member of The Riedel & Cody Fund. It’s free and provides access to all areas of our website.
- That you donate your time and talent. It can be as simple as sharing the benefits of your participation in one of our many online forums.
- That if you are able, you provide financial support by donating to our general fund or for a specific sponsored pet in need of immediate care.