Services RCF Provide to Members
Fundraising and Financial Aid
We offer our Members two ways to raise money on our website:
Outright Financial Aid: The Member is provided with outright financial aid to cover some or all of the pet’s cancer therapy
Matching Financial Aid: RCF matches funds raised by the Member up to a maximum amount to be used for some or all of the pet’s cancer therapy
- Completed financial aid application
- Credit and asset evaluation
- Clinical record from your Veterinarian showing type and current status of your dog or cat’s cancer
- Proposed plan of therapy and related costs for consideration by the RCF medical advisory board
This review process is how RCF reassures donors that their support will be directed to a worthy candidate for their generosity. We do not currently offer financial aid to animals other than a cat or dog with cancer.
The RiedelCody.org Website
We created The Riedel & Cody Fund website to serve as “action central” — where Members can apply for financial aid, access the best and latest information about pet cancer, learn about the advantages of integrative care, or reach out to the entire RCF community for answers and support.
The Needs We Fill
In creating RCF and RiedelCody.org we identified the four distinct needs any pet owner faces when their pet receives a cancer diagnosis:
The need for in-depth, understandable, expert information about cancer from trusted sources.
- With other Members: The ability to communicate with other pet owners who have faced or currently face the many difficult decisions about treating their pet’s cancer. This is done via online Member-to-Member blogs and a one-on-one mentoring program.
- With the veterinary community: We also offer online videos about pet cancer, interactive seminars featuring our affiliated veterinarians and content on cancer written by you.
A way to apply for financial aid and/or a place to conduct a well-organized, professional fundraising effort of their own. RCF believes no pet owner should be left with his or her only option being sub-standard care or euthanasia. Every animal deserves respect, humane treatment, and both quality and length of life. We empower our Members to embrace these values.
Members can create their own Pet Page + Blog on RiedelCody.org. We provide a separate Member Page that helps Members store and organize all of the resources they will need to help fight their pet’s cancer.